When shopping for a bong, it’s easy to get confused due to the many options on display. For that reason, we’ve included a short buying guide to help you pick the perfect bong for your specific needs.
Here’s what to watch out for when buying a new bong!
You can get bongs in a variety of materials:
- Glass — the most popular water bongs are usually made of glass since it is easy to clean and doesn’t affect the taste of the weed you’re smoking.
- Bamboo — bongs were originally made from bamboo back in the day. They smoke well and are highly durable.
- Metal — these are rare as they affect the taste of the smoke, thus we excluded them from our list. Also, you can’t see inside them to know whether to clean them or not.
- Ceramic — they are not very durable and are heavier than the others.
- Plastic/acrylic — what are the most durable bongs? Those would be plastic or acrylic bongs. After all, they can’t be broken, hence are perfect for clumsy stoners. The durability is legendary, yet the taste not so much. The stale hits from plastic can’t be compared to the taste you get from glass bongs, for example.
That said, we recommend going with glass bongs, as glass doesn’t affect the taste and is very easy to clean.
There is no perfect size for a bong. You need to take the dimensions of all the parts in mind to judge whether it will smoke well or not. That said, smaller bongs often overheat quickly and cannot be used in large groups.
You’ll notice that each of our bong reviews include at least the height of the bong.
Is the bong easy to clean? Are there a lot of nooks and crannies? If so, that could be a problem. Can it at least be dismantled and put back together easily? That would make the whole cleaning process a lot easier. If it sounds like too much of a hassle, it probably is.