Do you know that it takes about 30 to 90 minutes for edibles to kick in? And that their effects can persist for around six to eight hours? This is because cannabidiol is released more slowly into the system. It’s broken down naturally by digestion instead of going directly into the bloodstream.
What else should you be aware of before ingesting CBD-infused products? And how can you find the best CBD edibles online?
We’ve got the answers to these questions and more.
What Are CBD Edibles?
CBD edibles include:
- CBD candy, like gummies, lollipops, hard candy, protein bars, and chocolate.
- Baked goods and snacks, such as biscuits, cookies, and brownies.
- Drinks, including CBD coffee, tea, shots, and energy drinks.
What Makes CBD Edibles So Special?
Edibles are quickly becoming one of the best ways to take CBD. They are readily available, easy to use, and sold at most cannabis dispensaries and online outlets.
But how are they different from other methods of consumption?
Edibles vs. Vaping/Smoking
Unlike vaping — one of the fastest ways to feel the effects of cannabis — best edibles for pain usually have a delayed release. This means you won’t get relief as quickly as you would with vape oils and pens, but the relief will last longer.
One advantage edibles have over vaping and smoking is no lung damage. Vaping may be used to curb the number of smokers worldwide, but its impact on the lungs is still unknown. With edibles, however, the respiratory risk is eliminated.
Last but not least, chewing a gummy bear in public is far less conspicuous than making big clouds or generating a lot of smoke.
Which Edibles Offer the Fastest Results?
CBD edibles reviews confirm edibles are not created equal. Gummies, lollipops, and lozenges act faster because the CBD is absorbed sublingually and not actually swallowed. So, if you are looking for faster relief from pain and anxiety, consuming cannabidiol in the shape of lollipops or CBD mints is the best way to eat edibles.
The CBD takes longer to start working with chews, cookies, brownies, and chocolates because it goes through the digestive tract and is broken down gradually.
How to Find the Right Edibles for You?
- Check the CBD content. Make sure you check the potency of each gummy or candy and not the whole package. If you’re new to CBD, we suggest starting with a lower dose (5–10mg) and slowly working your way up.
- Only look for trusted brands. You should never buy a CBD product, or a food product for that matter, from an unreliable source. Read the online CBD edibles review carefully to find a COA supporting the company’s claims about the content and that it uses safe and natural ingredients.
- Check for consistency. Make sure that your hemp CBD edibles are infused with cannabidiol and not just covered in CBD, which doesn’t stick and doesn’t have the desired effect.
- Read the label. Look for natural ingredients or vegan and gluten-free edibles as the healthiest and safest option.
- Don’t overpay. It’s easy to get confused by the price of CBD edibles, especially gummies, because not all cannabidiol-infused treats contain the same amount of CBD or the same number of pieces in the package. Make sure you check both these values and the price tag before buying the product.
- Consult your physician. To avoid possible interactions or side effects, talk to a doctor before taking any CBD, particularly full spectrum CBD edibles. Just because you can’t overdose on CBD doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be careful.
- Check for allergens. As with any food product, CBD edibles could contain nuts (or traces thereof) or other elements that some people are sensitive to — another good reason why customers should always read the label.