The question on everyone’s mind right now: what is the best CBD flower on the market? Yet, the answer depends primarily on you, your habits, and the CBD hemp flower effects that you are looking for.
Apart from individual preferences, some aspects should not be overlooked when looking for the perfect strain. These are the following:
As you might have noticed, we displayed the flower’s dominant strain in each review presented in this article. Why is this important?
Understanding the main difference between Sativa and Indica will transform you from a CBD rookie to a veteran canabisseur. In short, Sativa strains offer uplifting effects and euphoric (head) high, while Indica strains provide sedative effects and a body buzz.
So, if you’re having sleeping problems, go with Indica strains. Opt for Sativa strains if you’re looking for something to get you out of bed and keep you focused.
A high CBD hemp flower is a splendid cocktail loaded with many health-boosting molecules. Among them, terpenes are the most noticeable (after cannabinoids, of course). Namely, terpenes give the CBD hemp flower its distinct smell and taste.
So, which terpenes will serve you best? Here is our mini list of some of the most frequently encountered terpenes to help you figure it out:
- Caryophyllene fights pain, insomnia, anxiety, and depression.
- Linalool induces sleep, calmness, and relaxation while fighting inflammation and pain.
- Limonene has anxiolytic, immunostimulant, anti-bacterial, anti-allergenic, and cancer-preventive effects.
- Myrcene helps fight tumors, cancers, chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, and stress. In larger quantities, it can also have a sedative effect.
- Pinene acts against inflammatory diseases, asthma, and infectious bronchitis viruses.
CBD Flower Effects
The main effects vary across CBD flower strains, depending on their terpene profiles and CBD levels. CBD’s effects are also influenced by the individual experience of the smoker and the constitution of their unique endocannabinoid system.
Also, every top shelf CBD flower has anti-inflammatory and antioxidative effects. Yet, each individual strain will provide additional effects, such as:
- feelings of relaxation, calm, and focus
- uplifting, energetic feelings to counter anxiety
- relief from pain and other physical discomforts
Plus, while most (but not all) terpenes have anti-bacterial and antioxidative effects, only a handful can evoke a “Zen feeling.”
In essence, the main effects of a CBD flower are marked on the packaging or mentioned on the brand’s website.
Third-Party Lab Testing
When purchasing a CBD hemp flower online, make sure it comes with available lab results. Why?
- You need to check whether the CBD flower you chose complies with the current law or whether it contains more than 0.3% THC.
- Like the best CBD oils, CBD flowers need to be tested for harmful microorganisms. If not grown organically, they should also pass the pesticides and heavy metals test.
- Terpenes content breakdown can show you the effects you can expect from the CBD flower.
The best brands usually offer more potent varieties of CBD flower strains. The potency is determined by the overall CBD content, and terpenes count, seen in the dry weight of the flower.
After all, “what is a CBD hemp flower?” In regards to its composition, it becomes quite clear that cannabidiol is not the sole molecule responsible for the beneficial effects of hemp. Other cannabinoids like CBN and terpenes play their own role through the so-called “entourage effect.”
In other words, there is a synergy between the different molecules found inside the hemp flower, which work together to create a unique and more potent effect on the body.
Flavor and Aroma
It’s no great secret that each CBD hemp flower review is influenced by one’s personal preferences to some extent. Hemp lovers know all too well that hemp smoking can be regarded as a special kind of aromatherapy.
On that note, you can go with strains that taste like sweet and sour fruit. Or go with the more traditional flavors, such as skunk, diesel, and pine. Entirely up to you.
Value for Price Ratio
Given the global circumstances we are in at the moment, CBD flower prices in 2022 might have been a bit higher compared to the pre-covid era. Therefore, make sure to take advantage of the brand’s discount offers.
Suppose you are a complete novice in the use of CBD hemp flowers. In that case, you should probably choose a beginner-friendly type that would be smooth for your unaccustomed airways.
Moreover, consider simple, familiar aromas rather than complex scents and flavor profiles. It is also wiser to start with strains with lower CBD concentrations per flower. Or go with a CBD flower sample before buying the whole bunch.
Connoisseurs that don’t even need a grinder will surely know what aromas and effects they prefer.