Admittedly, every single package of CBD gummies we have reviewed here are high quality. Let’s take a look at what criteria we used and teach you how to apply them in practice to find exactly the kind of CBD gummy treats you desire.
- Full spectrum CBD is made from the whole plant. It provides the full benefits of CBD, plus additional health benefits provided by other cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Broad spectrum CBD oil has all the terpenes and cannabinoids except for THC.
- Isolate CBD oil is stripped of any other cannabis ingredients but CBD.
If you’re sensitive to THC, we recommend choosing CBD isolate gummies, such as Pure Relief, Fab CBD, Just CBD, Hemp Bombs, or Green Roads.
To get the entourage effect, go with full spectrum CBD gummies, like R+R Medicinals, PlusCBD, Diamond CBD, or Cornbread Hemp.
If you want to enjoy all the benefits of the cannabinoids and terpenes, minus the THC, try your luck with cbdMD, Joy Organics, Sunday Scaries, or Royal CBD.
Top CBD gummies are organic and can come in high and low potency. To be more precise, CBD gummies containing 5–10mg CBD per gummy are considered low potency, whereas gummies with 20–30mg CBD per gummy are high in potency.
Diamond CBD offers gummies with the lowest potency, 8.25mg CBD per gummy, making them suitable for beginners.
Highland Pharms, cbdMD, and Joy Organics also sell gummies with low potency (10mg CBD per gummy).
Among brands that sell high potency CBD gummies are CBDfx, R+R Medicinals (25mg CBD per gummy), Pure Relief, and CBDistillery (30mg CBD per gummy).
That said, if you buy gummies with higher potency but find them to be too strong, you can always cut them in half to get a smaller serving size.
As you already noticed, the best rated CBD gummies can get pretty expensive. So, does the price match the value? CBD gummies are more expensive than your regular Albanese or Haribo gummies because they contain hemp and additional ingredients that drive up the price.
The factors that affect the price include the cost of growing hemp, extracting cannabinoids, and distributing CBD products.
PlusCBD, Hemp Bombs, and cbdMD are among the most affordable brands on our list, while the most expensive is Royal CBD.
What’s more, some brands sell more sustainable packages (glass bottles), making the price of their products higher.
Regardless of how much CBD a package of gummies contains, or how mouth-watering the flavor can be, you should still read the full list of ingredients if you are sensitive to some foods. You can also find sugar-free gummies or the ones preferred by diabetics.
Third-Party Lab Testing
After finding the right place to buy CBD gummies, you need to ensure that the manufacturer you choose offers third-party lab results.
Without these, there’s no guarantee that you’re getting a legit CBD product. These lab tests don’t just confirm the amount of CBD and THC in the product but also show whether there are any harmful contaminants in it.
This factor doesn’t just apply to hemp gummies — it goes for any type of CBD product.
Since high quality CBD gummies can be pricey, having a satisfaction guarantee is fantastic if you don’t end up liking the taste or they don’t work out for you for whatever other reason.
Some CBD companies offer limited returns, while others have a full satisfaction guarantee. This means they will refund your purchase regardless of why you are returning the product.
While most brands offer a 30-day full refund option (Highland Pharms, R+R Medicinals, Pure Relief, PlusCBD, Just CBD, Diamond CBD, etc.), others go even beyond that number, offering 60 (cbdMD, CBDfx, CBDistillery ) and even 90 days (Joy Organics).
Which CBD Gummies Are the Best for Me?
How can you tell if CBD gummies are safe for you?
- Doctor — feel free to consult with your physician, especially if you suffer from a condition. Remember, CBD is pretty much used as medicine, and you wouldn’t be gobbling up aspirins, would you?
- Taste vs. nature — this is highly individual. While some prefer a citrusy, sour, or even bitter variant of CBD hemp gummies, others prefer sweeter alternatives. Sadly, the more additives and artificial flavors a gummy has, the higher the probability of delivering the taste promised on the package. Also, the more hemp is involved, the harder it is to mask its taste.
- Texture — The sugar coating or lack thereof can affect the surface texture of the gummies, along with the taste.
- CBD gummies dosage — always start small, and work your way up. If that means eating just one half of a cute, yummy, tiny gummy, then do so.