We’ve given you quite a choice here, but how do you know if it’s a CBD oil, a gummy, or a capsule that you need? Let us dwell a little more on how CBD works and what types of pain are normally treated with it.
How Fast and Long Do You Want It?
Which CBD oil you’re going to take depends on a myriad of issues, but let’s start with speed. Normally, what most of us wish for when we feel uncomfortable, irritated, or sore, is for the pain killer to start working as soon as possible.
- CBD tincture — most research agrees that it takes from 5 to 10 minutes to half an hour for the effects to be felt if the best CBD oil for pain management is taken sublingually. The effect lasts for a couple of hours.
- CBD edibles — pills and gummies fall under this category. They can be somewhat tricky, as it may take between half an hour and two hours for the effects to be felt. On the bright side, they can persist for hours.
- CBD patches — the effect can last for 8 hours, 12 hours, or longer! CBD interacts with endocannabinoid receptors located under the skin. The onset time for patches is different, but let’s say it takes about 20 minutes.
- CBD topicals — even the best CBD topical for pain takes about fifteen minutes for the effect to be felt. Nevertheless, this very much depends on how much you are applying, and whether the CBD can penetrate your skin easily. The effects last from one to six hours, but this largely depends on the dosage.
- CBD suppositories — it will take half an hour to work, on average. The effect lasts for 4 to 8 hours.
CBD vapes, by the way, work almost instantly, but their effects are mostly described as relaxing and sleep-inducing, and less as pain-relieving.
How Well Do You Tolerate Best CBD Oil for Pain?
We’ve already explained some of it above, but let us emphasize that it depends on:
- The type of product
- The amount of CBD you are taking
- Your own endocannabinoid system
- Your overall health
- Your weight
- Your metabolism (which may change on a daily basis as well, so take care).
All these factors influence how your body is going to process CBD. On some days you’ll need a smaller dose, while on some other occasion you’ll feel you need an extra boost, for example, because you were lifting new weights (for this reason, some experiment with using cannabis after or before a workout).
Do You Suffer From Any Condition?
We can all agree that using CBD for chronic pain is not the same as taking a few drops of our best CBD oil for pain due to a sudden headache. Period cramps usually require something with a faster onset time, so CBD gummies and other edibles are not the best solution for everyone.
Therefore, choose the product according to its onset time and effects. To treat local aches, try a CBD salve or cream. For chronic pains preventing you from sleeping well, try edibles.
At any rate, do consult with your doctor before giving CBD a try. While CBD is proclaimed as safe, CBD oil side effects are nothing to sneer at. Especially so, if taken with medications.
Before You Become Pain-Free…
The whole point of delivering CBD oil for pain reviews is helping people live better, more quality lives. Pain is annoying, debilitating, and can even be dangerous in some cases, limiting our movements, restricting our speed of reaction, or affecting us psychologically. Fortunately, CBD benefits have been felt by many a consumer in real life and have also been proven by scientists as well.
Therefore, think carefully before you pick your personal best CBD oil for pain, don’t be lazy about contacting the physician, and be persistent. Some feel instant relief from day one, whereas others take some time.
Have you already tried some CBD pain relievers yourself? Do share the experiences in the comments below!
Disclaimer: CBD oil is currently not approved by the FDA. You are using the products at your own responsibility. Always consult with a licensed physician if you have any qualms or doubts about using CBD oil in any form. There may be some changes to the products by the companies themselves after the publishing date of this article.