You can find CBD products in almost any industry — from food and beverages to vaping and beauty products. On top of that, 48% of Millennials claim they would gladly use CBD oil for skincare.
Still, when it comes to hair products, many of us struggle to find the right shampoo that will make our hair look shiny and healthy (just like in the commercials).
So, can CBD products for hair help?
Let’s start from the beginning.
How Effective Is CBD Shampoo?
CBD shampoos can be highly effective when it comes to hair growth, moisturizing the scalp, reducing hair loss, and getting rid of dandruff.
The reason being, CBD oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your hair from the elements. It also contains vital vitamins and minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium) that are essential for a healthy scalp. And let’s not forget its anti-inflammatory properties, too.
Yet, most important of all, a CBD shampoo can help reduce hair dryness and thus make your hair look thicker and healthier.
CBD Shampoo Benefits
- CBD oil contains fatty acids that are crucial for promoting hair growth. What’s more, fatty acids can prevent moisture loss — hence, you can say goodbye to tangled and damaged hair.
- CBD oil can also help you with various scalp conditions as it reduces inflammation and revitalizes the skin.
- CBD oil provides relief and soothes the nerves; meaning, you can stay relaxed without getting high.
- You can also use CBD for hair growth as it contains a healthy dose of vitamin E — it provides active support to your scalp while preventing your hair from breaking, making your hair strands elastic and shiny.
- CBD shampoos often contain all-natural ingredients; hence, you can find a whole mixture of vitamins, essential oils, and amino acids that synergize well with one another, creating a potent formula in the process
How to Find the Right CBD Shampoo and Conditioner?
Whether you’re looking for the best CBD face cream or the best CBD-infused hair product, you need to pay attention to the following:
- CBD potency
- List of active ingredients
- Third-party lab tests
In terms of potency, one 120ml shampoo bottle can contain anywhere between 10mg to 250mg of CBD. Though, if you’ve never used any CBD oil products before, you should probably start with a low-potency shampoo to avoid any unwanted side effects.
List of Active Ingredients
Make sure to use only cannabis shampoo that contains natural ingredients. In fact, most CBD shampoos contain cannabidiol + hemp seed oil, as well as essential plant extracts, a mix of vitamins, and even some exotic fruit and flower extracts.
All in all, avoid products that contain toxic ingredients like pesticides, herbicides, sulfates, phthalates, formaldehyde, etc. In other words, pick one from the list above.
Third-Party Lab Tests
Whether you’re dealing with the CBD-infused soaps or the best pet products, each CBD product has to contain a certificate of analysis (or CoA) that proves they passed quality control and are safe to use.
Most companies offer detailed third-party lab results on their website; so keep an eye out for those. Likewise, if you find a QR code on the label of your CBD or hemp shampoo, you can scan it with your smartphone and get more details on that product.