Finding suitable CBD oil in Canada largely comes down to personal preference. The reason being: everyone reacts to CBD differently and slight variations in cannabinoid profiles can have a considerable impact.
So, while all of the CBD oils on this list are among the very best in their respective categories, we encourage you to try several of these products to find the one that is ideal for you specifically.
This is why, in the following section, we’re going to focus on narrowing down your search; whether you’re buying CBD oil for yourself, your loved ones, or even your furry family members, the information we provide will help you find the right one.
Shop Local Hemp
First of all, when you’re scrolling through CBD oil reviews in Canada, look for Canadian hemp if possible.
Most CBD oils come from hemp, and Canada has some of the best hemp farms in the world. Thus, it makes perfect sense to buy from manufacturers that use Canadian hemp; mainly for two reasons:
- The hemp doesn’t need to travel great distances, so you’re instantly reducing the environmental impact of your CBD oil purchase.
- You support Canadian farmers. Hemp and cannabis are already essential cash crops and will only get more important with time. Hence, it makes sense to ensure your future supply by purchasing from local sources.
If you simply cannot find the CBD oil in Canada that you want, Hempworx CBD oil is a top-tier US-based product. You will also be able to buy Charlotte’s Web CBD oil in Canada from Canadian growers once the cultivars are in the Canadian market.
Check the Test Results Before You Order CBD Online in Canada
Most reputable companies provide cannabinoid testing results on their websites for each product they sell. Manufacturers who strive for transparency have to invest in third-party testing.
And don’t just take the company’s word for it simply because the tests are available. Instead, take a minute to read through the test results as different batches have slightly different compositions.
If the company doesn’t make the tests readily available, you can ask for them.
All in all, we encourage full transparency in CBD products, and you’ve got a right to know what you’re buying and ingesting.
Figure Out Your Dosage
Just because you can get high-CBD oil in Canada with Island Therapeutics or Calyx Wellness, that doesn’t mean you really need to.
We found many such cases where people got their symptoms relieved with lower doses and even cases where higher doses caused adverse effects.
For instance, if you want the best CBD oil for anxiety, there’s evidence to suggest you may fare better with a lower dose. The same goes if you’re just trying out CBD for a good night’s sleep.
Furthermore, if you need to treat something more serious, such as epileptic seizures, you can consider increasing your dosage. And as always, we agree with Health Canada’s advice to “start low, go slow” when it comes to cannabinoids.
Learn the Lingo
Generally, CBD requires long-term use. As a result, you may have to commit to an extended regimen to reap all the benefits.
We recommend you take the time to learn some key terms and what they mean for the products you buy in the meantime.
Here is an abridged glossary for starters:
- CBD distillate usually refers to an extract that comes from an entire hemp plant. When you purchase hemp CBD oil in Canada that comes from a distillate product, it’s usually labelled “full spectrum.”
- CBD isolate refers exclusively to cannabidiol separated from all other compounds in the plant. Therefore, when you see pure CBD oil for sale, it usually contains CBD isolate.
- Broad spectrum CBD falls between full spectrum and isolate. It usually refers to CBD distillate that had its THC content removed.
CO2 extraction is a method for separating the beneficial compounds from hemp plants. It’s generally considered more effective and safe than ethanol extraction, which is another popular method.