How to Use CBD Oil in Vape Pen(s): Beginner’s Guide
If you want to learn how to use CBD oil in vape pen(s), you’re in the right place. In this beginner’s guide, we will discuss the basics of using CBD oil in a vape pen and provide some tips for getting started.
Ready to start puffing?
How Do Vape Pens Work
All vape pens are made of the same parts: a rechargeable battery, a heating element called an atomizer that transforms the liquid into vapor, a tank or a cartridge, and a mouthpiece.
When you inhale, a sensor turns on the atomizer which gives a signal for the liquid to heat up and produce that delicious vapor.
Not all vape pens are automatically activated, though, and some require users to push a button (or two) or wait for the light to show that the temperature is high enough to start inhaling.
Before telling you how to use a vape pen with CBD oil, let’s see the difference between disposable and refillable pens.
Disposable vs. Refillable Pens
The names are pretty self-explanatory. A disposable vape pen is the one you use once and get rid of, and a refillable vape pen can be re-filled with CBD e-juice. But, which is better?
There are a couple of things to consider in order to answer the question:
|Disposable Pen||Refillable Pen|
|Maintenance||Fully charged and pre-loaded||Need to be charged at least every few days|
|Ease-of-use||Take it out of the packaging, start vaping and throw it out once you’re done||More complicated to use|
|Discretion||Small and great to use on-the-go||Small and great to use on-the-go|
|Lifespan||Lifespan of around 200 puffs||Can last for a long time if it’s well-maintained (for months or even years)|
|Customization||Limited flavors and potencies||Unlimited flavors and potencies|
Both have advantages and drawbacks, so it ultimately depends on what you’re looking for in a vape pen.
How to Use CBD Vape Pen(s)
This will depend on the model you have. Some pens are designed to be used with refillable tanks, while others are disposable and can’t be refilled. If you have a disposable pen, simply use it until it’s empty and then dispose of it.
If you have a refillable pen, you’ll need to know how to refill it when the time comes.
How to Vape Refillable Pens
When it comes to refillable vape pens, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a CBD oil that is designed for vaping. Not all CBD oils are created equal, and some are not meant to be used in vape pens. Be sure to check the label before purchasing.
- Fill your vape pen’s chamber with CBD oil. Depending on the size of your pen, you may need to fill it halfway or completely.
- Prime the coil (i.e., drop some of the e-juice on the coil head. This is entirely optional when learning how to use a CBD vape pen, and it is primarily used to avoid a burnt hit).
- Put the mouthpiece back on and press the button to heat the oil.
- Adjust the temperature. The best temperature to vape CBD juice is between 365°F and 428°F.
- If there is a voltage setting, start at the lowest to avoid dry or burnt hits. The best voltage to vape CBD is between 3.3 and 3.8 volts, but it’s still a good idea to start lower and gradually go up.
- Take it easy at first, and later go for bigger puffs more often.
How to refill a CBD vape pen? Start by removing the cap from the pen and unscrewing the tank. Next, fill the tank with your desired amount of CBD oil. Replace the tank and screw it back on. Finally, replace the cap, and you’re ready to start vaping.
How to Vape Disposable Pens
Most disposable vape pens are draw-activated, so there are no buttons to push or settings to adjust.
How to use CBD disposable vape pen? Disposable vape pens are ready to use right out of the box. Simply remove the pen from the packaging and start vaping! There is no need to charge these pens, as they are disposable.
Once you’re finished, throw away the pen, i.e. dispose of it properly (recycle). Disposable vape pens are a great option for those new to vaping CBD oil.
How to Dose a Vape Pen
Knowing how often to hit a CBD vape pen is what you find out by experience. The correct CBD dose will depend on how CBD tolerant you are, the condition you’re treating, your body weight, gender, and medical history.
On that note, start with a low dose and increase as needed. It’s important to listen to your body and find what works best for you.
What Can You Use CBD Vape Pens For
Now that you know how to use a CBD vape pen, let’s see what you can use it for.
CBD heath benefits abound. Scientific and anecdotal evidence explain that conditions that cannabidiol is said to treat or provide relief are:
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Chemotherapy side effects
Potential Risks of Using CBD Vape Pens
- Some people might be allergic to specific components of the CBD e-juice, most notably propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.
- There might be negligible amounts of metal or other dangerous contaminants. However, when it comes to vape pens, a study about electronic cigarettes has shown that “overall exposure to metals from electronic cigarette use is not a “significant health concern.”
- The vaping diseases that wreaked havoc all over the US in 2019 intimidated all vape pen users, even though the CDC determined that vitamin E acetate was the main culprit and not other elements found in vapes.
- We need more research to determine the benefits and potential adverse long-term effects of using CBD vape pens.
In this beginner’s guide, we discussed how to put CBD oil in vape pen(s), the main difference between refillable and disposable pens, and the potential risks of vaping.
Remember to start with a low dose and increase as needed. Listen to your body to find what works best for you.
Can you put CBD tincture in a vape pen?
No, you can’t. CBD tincture is made to be taken orally, under the tongue, and not smoked or vaped. The same goes for CBD oils (not the same as CBD liquids or vape oils).
Pure, undissolved oil is too viscous to be vaporized and will most likely burn and break your pen. In the best-case scenario, it will leave a bad taste in your mouth and not much CBD.
Can you put CBD oil in a vape cart?
No, since CBD oil (hemp oil and marijuana oil) are different from CBD vape oils. As mentioned above, you can only vape pre-filled cartridges or special liquids. Plus, the CBD oil contained in cartridges is thinner than regular CBD oil, which means it’s unsmokable.
Using the wrong type of CBD oil can result in serious health risks.
Can you put CBD hemp oil in a vape pen?
No, you can’t put hemp oil in your vaping pen. Hemp oil is too thick and sticky to be used in a vape pen. CBD vape oil is specifically designed to be vaporized and inhaled. It’s made with a thinning agent that helps it flow easily through the vape pen’s heating chamber.
CBD hemp oil is not the same as CBD vape oil, and you should never vape it.
How do you vape a CBD pen?
Start by unscrewing the cap and removing the mouthpiece. Then, twist off the base of the pen to reveal the chamber where you’ll add your oil. Now, fill the chamber with the CBD vape oil of choice — being careful not to overfill it — and then screw the base back on.
To turn on your pen, press the button five times rapidly (if it’s not a buttonless pen). Once it’s turned on, hold down the button and inhale slowly from the mouthpiece. When you’re finished vaping, press the button five times again to turn off your pen.
Now that you know how to use CBD oil in a vape pen, make sure you only use CBD vape oil specifically designed to be vaporized and inhaled.